Friday, September 10, 2010

Remembering the Nashville Flood

I ordered us some "I Love Nashville" t-shirts to help raise money to help the victims of the May 2010 flood. A Facebook page was set up to sell these t-shirts and they sold so many that it became very overwhelming and customers had to wait a couple of months to receive their shirts. I ordered pretty early, so we received ours within a month or so. Mason's is pretty big so that he can wear it for a few years and be a little older to where he can understand this piece of history that took place in this birth city. I love wearing my t-shirt to show my love and concern for the city I love so much. Even though we no longer live in Nashville, so many of my family and friends were devastated by the flood and my heart is right there with them as they are trying to rebuild their homes and lives. Our friends from church, the McCleans', and my acupuncturist (Steve) & his wife, are moving back into their homes this weekend after months of renovating them. And that's just 2 families on the long list of people in similar situations. I am so thankful for my family and the blessings God pours down on us. He never leaves us, nor forsakes us, not even through the toughest storms in life!



Please continue to keep Nashville and the other affected areas in your prayers.











15 weeks pregnant in my Nashville Flood t-shirt... The first day of my pregnancy (May 14) was spent helping clean up in the McCleans' subdivision in Bellevue with a group from Greenwood Park, our church here in BG... just 2 weeks after the flood. We had Mason's 2nd birthday party planned for the actual week of the flood and didn't know if we should go on with it and spend that day having fun when so many people were hurting. We decided, for Mason, to go on with his special day on May 8, 2010 (his actual bday was May 11). This flood will always be something that was a part of our children's childhood, yet they didn't even know it at the time.
And a couple of last pictures to leave with you... how in the world could we ever get through trials in life without having moments like these mixed in!??!?!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...