Sunday, September 12, 2010

Brooke's Baby Shower


I was soooo excited to plan Brooke's shower since we have been waiting for YEARS for Baby Hudson Grant to get here!! This was such a special day because there have been so many prayers lifted up for this special child for so long. I was especially an emotional wreck! Brooke's husband, Johnathan, is my husband's best friend and was one of his roommates at Lispcomb. We have shared so many special memories with them these past 10 years and cherish every single second we are with them! We feel so blessed to be able to share our pregnancies right now. God has brought us Moores' and Akins' a long way from several years ago when we were both wishing more than anything for a precious baby to hold. We are just in awe of our answered prayers!

Andrea, Carrie, Tara, and I hosted Brooke's shower at Tara's beautiful home in Nashville on Saturday, August 14th. We tried our best to add some special little touches to make Brooke's big day even more memorable. We had a wonderful turnout of friends from Harpeth Hills church; Johnathan's mom, grandmothers, and aunts from Bowling Green; Brooke's mom; my mom, and Beth & Jana's mommas. All of these ladies are playing a serious role in helping to spoil Hudson rotten! Ha ha!

Brooke & the hostesses... Carrie, Tara, Andrea, and me
Diaper Cake I made :)
Hudson's name banner I ordered off Etsy.com... the BEST website ever!!

Super cute cupcakes Carrie brought with toppers from Etsy.com
The shower favors were too cute!
They read, "Thanks for swingin' by! Hudson Grant"

Brooke & me... She was 30 weeks and I was 13 :)
Me, Brooke, & Cherie... "Steve's Angels".... Ha! Cherie was the one who started us all on acupuncture! She went first after several years of trying to get pregnant and sweet Brady was born December 2009; then Brooke with Hudson being due October 2010; and then me with baby due February 2011! And the chain keeps on going because all 3 of us have sent several people to Steve to help with infertility. He says he's gonna put us all on his payroll! :)
Sweet gift time! I just couldn't resist this sweet ABC sleeper & matching hat!
LOVE the bib that Andrea made!
Sleeper & hooded blankie from my mom... she just loves buying sweet baby boy things!


Adorable Presley (Carrie's daughter) with Ms. Hargis
Brooke & Jaquatta (Johnathan's mom) showing off the sign Andrea made!
Brooke with Johnathan's grandmothers... so thankful they were able to be there!
Andrea and me acting like we were in 7th grade again! I guess because I looked like it, with my famous side ponytail! :)
Eatin' us some yummy cupcakes!
My mom got a hold of her some sweet babies... Presley (born April 2010) & Wyatt (Tara's baby born May 2010)

Hudson Grant, we have waited LONG ENOUGH, and we can't wait to meet you in October! YAY!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...