Thursday, September 9, 2010

Cory's Baptism

Andrea's husband, Cory, was baptized on Saturday, August 28th and I was so thankful to be able to be in Nashville to witness it! Marc had played in a golf tournament with Harpeth Hills Church of Christ that morning while Andrea and I were at the Otter Creek Consigment Sale, so we just happened to be in Nashville already to where we could be at the baptism that night.

Andrea has been my best friend since the day we met in 7th grade, so she is definitely the sister I never had. So, that means that Cory is now my "brother" and we were soooo excited that he made the decision to be baptized! Marc, Mason, my parents, and I loaded up and drove to Harpeth Hills (our old church in Nashville) where just about our entire Sunday School class was there to see Cory's baptism! It was the neatest thing. I was so proud of Cory. And Baby Luke was definitely proud of his DaDa! He sat right next to me with a biggest grin on his face the entire time. Every now and then he jumped off Andrea's lap and tried to run up on stage to see what was going on. We went out to eat at Chili's afterwards (Cory's choice!) to celebrate. Mason and Luke were pretty hyperactive that day and had a contest to see who could scream the loudest in the middle of the restaurant. Thank you. And Mason kept stealing Luke's fries. Definitely a pair of stinkers when they get together!

Bill Prady baptizing Cory... We love Bill and his wife, Lin. They are mentors to our age group at Harpeth Hills & taught our Sunday School class there several times. Marc really respects Bill and looks up to him as a strong Christian example to him as a man, husband, and father.


Coming down from the baptistry in their wet towels... Nice! :)
Mason getting some love from his Nana Kay outside of the church


My parents' new car! (I know, not relevant in the least to the topic of this blog post, but I had to share! Ha! :) )

Andrea & I dreamed for years about the men we would marry and the sweet babies we hoped God would bless us with someday! And here we are now with 4 of the world's finest boys. :)

Marc's arms full of mischief after dinner!
What a very special day!
Cory, we love you, and are excited to see the plans God has for you!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...