All about my 11-month old baby, as narrated by Mason Thomas:
- Once I started crawling at 9 months old, Mommy & Daddy cannot keep up with me! They always tell me "No!" because I am getting into stuff, especially the CD player in my room and the VCR and Daddy's box set of "Scrubs" in the living room.
- I eat table food like a pro! I can now pick up small bites of food with my thumb and pointer finger. I ate my first real banana on April 14, and green beans & carrots a few days later. Every time we go to a restaurant, Mommy takes in my little Safety First chair, ties it onto the big boy chair in te restaurant, and I have my own little seat & tray! Daddy puts pieces of bread on it for me to eat and is trying to teach me how to sip out of a straw. My new favorite thing is eating waffles at Waffle House with Poppa Jack & Nana Kay.
- Mommy still nurses me about 3 times a day; in the morning when I first wake up, in the afternoon, and just before I go to bed. I am so cute when I nurse. I also take about one 8 oz. bottle of formula a day, usually when we're out running errands or Daddy is holding me, or Nana Kay or Poppa Jack are baby-sitting me. I am still on Nutramigen, a special lactose-free milk since I am allergic to cow-based milk.
- I woke up Friday, April 15th with my 5th tooth... my third bottom one. I have been shoving my fingers all the way down my throat almost, so Mommy knew another tooth was coming!
- I can pick up the ball and throw it into the little basketball goal Mommy got me at the Encores & More consignment sale. It cheers for me every time I make a point. I get so excited. I also pick up other toys and throw in the basket. Everyone says I'm going to be a basketball player just like my Daddy since I'm so tall and active.
- I LOVE my big boy bucket seat class at church! My teachers have a nickname for me: "Happy." I never get upset when Mommy leaves to go to her own class and I have so much fun until it's time to go. I do like to grab everyone else's toys though and flail my arms wildly, almost hitting my neighbors in their face.
- I give kisses! I shared my first kiss with my mommy about a week before my 11-month b-day. I grabbed her face with both hands, pulled it toward me, and plopped a wide-open mouth kiss right on her! She was so excited to show it to daddy!
- I cannot stand wearing sunglasses or something on my head! Whenever Mommy puts sunglasses on me, I yank them off as quickly as I can. I get so mad. She has these silly little hats she wants me to wear with some of my church outfits, but they aggravate me. I make a big ugly face and throw that hats across the room.- I have a huge, hyperactive personality! I laugh all the time and am so silly. I also let out random screams, usually at the inappropriate time, like at the end of the church service. I love for anyone to hold me. I like to be out and about and to look at things. I am always a good boy when we're out, but Mommy says I'm getting to be more of a "challenge" when it's just me and her at home during the day.
Look out world, Mason Thomas is about to be ONE YEAR OLD!!!! I can't believe that post is almost here!