Thursday, March 12, 2009

Happy 10-Month Birthday, Mason Thomas!

Well, another month has flown by! It just seems like I close my eyes and when I open them another 11th day of the month has come! Yesterday, March 11th, my baby boy reached his 10th month of life. That is just crazy!!! That means in 2 months he'll be a year old! I don't even wanna think about it! I think the biggest transition has been between the 6 & 9-month mark. He has done soooo many new things these last couple of months. I think he is now officially a "big boy" and no longer a little baby. Yes it makes me sad, but it also makes me realized how blessed we are to have this amazing little baby who is so healthy and is growing like he should. Mason just loves life so much and brings us sooo much sunshine, even in this crazy cold Nashville March weather! :) Here are some things he is doing now at 10 months old:

- He took off crawling on Monday, February 2nd and has not stopped since! My, how my life has changed! He is into everything and is all over our living room! It's time to childproof, but we keep putting it off.
- pulling up - I bought him a couple of "big boy" toys at these consignment sales I've been stalking and he's using them to pull up on.
- every now and then, pulling to stand in his crib - we'll go in there and he'll be standing up peeping through the slats of the crib playing "peek-a-boo".. it's the cutest thing ever! We lowered the crib mattress for the first time on Valentine's Day.
- eating Stage 2 & 3 baby food of veggies, fruits, and meats twice a day
- only nursing about 4 times a day now... okay, I don't even want to talk about this! It'll make me cry!
- drinking water from his sippy cup all on his own!
- picking up Parents' Choice (Wal-Mart brand) Little Puffs with his thumb & first finger and feeding himself
- looking for dropped objects and picking them up
- picking up his little basketball and putting it in the hoop (one of his new big boy toys!)
- laughing CONSTANTLY
- still just saying "da-da"... no other syllables (was saying "ba-ba" but haven't heard that one in a while), but he does jibber jabber a bunch of randomness all day long
- still sleeping all night long, from 10 pm to 7 am, I know, I know, we're spoiling him rotten by letting him stay up with us late at night! :) that's okay, though, he won't get to do this forever, so we're taking advantage of it! he's been sleeping like this since 8 weeks old
- 2 naps a day, about 2 to 3 hours each... but, every time I put him down for a nap now he fusses for a bit before he falls asleep. he just has more energy now so he is wanting to be with us all the time; doesn't wanna miss a thing!
- Okay, you're not gonna believe this one... even though he says just one syllable, he has busted out a couple of times and said a word! I'm not even kidding! We have a few witnesses. A few months ago he came out with the word "bread" when Marc and I were having a discussion about what we were going to fix for dinner. And during his 9-month photoshoot a couple of weeks ago, I was holding up his little Rudolph and singing "Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer" and he busted out with the word "reindeer"! Melissa Toms, please back me up on this one! :) It was clear as day!

Okie dokie, just wanted to give you all an update on what's been going on around here! It's becoming more and more challenging being a mommy (usually new moms may say the opposite). When Mason was a newborn it was pretty easy since he's been a wonderful sleeper and not ever really fussy, but now that he's crawling he is like having a little Jody in the house! My mom always says how much of a handful my brother was, and now I get to experience that for myself! :) I have to always be on my toes and cannot get my eyes off of Mason for even a second. I wouldn't trade a second of it though! :)

Having fun with his octopus that talks in different languages... sitting on his Grandy C's lap! He thought it was hilarious this one night when we would drop it on the floor all drastically and then pick it up.


He looks like a doggie here!



We love Nana K & Poppa Jack! (my parents)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...