Saturday, January 5, 2008

I don't think I've officially announced it on this thang.... IT'S A BOY!!!

We found out December 18th what our little one is. We're sooooo excited!! They gave us an actual DVD of the ultrasound so we can watch whenever we want our little boy move all around and lift his little head up to see what's goin' on!!! We showed the DVD to EVERYONE over the holidays so our son is already famous! He is soooo cute!! You can see his little nose and mouth and I just love him so much!! I just can't explain the moment the tech said very nonchalantly to us: "It's a little boy." Time just seemed to have stop right then and there. Marc and I wanted to scream but we couldn't because this lady wasn't really the most bubbling-with-joy woman we've ever met and didn't really have a personality, so we didn't want to annoy her. Marc was already videotaping the entire thang, so I think she was already ready to get this crazy couple outta there! :) Our baby's name is Mason Thomas. Mason was Marc's grandfather's name (Connie's dad) who inspired Marc to be an eye doctor. He sounds like an amazing person, much like my PaPaw, and I'm so sad I was never able to meet him. He died when Marc was 13. Thomas is my mom's maiden name, so my MaMaw & PaPaw's last name. I never got to meet that PaPaw since he died when my mom was little, but my MaMaw Thomas is one of my bestest friends! She will be 94 years old in March and has been suffering from Alzheimer's for about 11 years. She is the sweetest person in the entire world. She is one of the most special ladies I have ever met and I hope little Mason has a chance to know her, too. I pray that Mason will have as special of a relationship with his grandparents as Marc and I have had with ours. I wish we could give him 5 names because my MaMaw Myers is also one of the most amazing, Christian women I have ever known!! I am so incredibly blessed that my parents both have such wonderful moms.

I am now 21 weeks pregnant!! Woo hoo!! Here are the last belly shots taken on Christmas Eve when I was 19 1/2 weeks:

2 comments:

Blessed said...

Cute belly! Keep the updates coming!

Journey said...

ooooohhhh, I love your baby bedding and furniture! I am so excited! I can't wait to meet little Mason Thomas. Keep us updated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...